Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend Update

Well, here is my end of the week update. As you can see from my previous post, I have another finish. That is 8 on the year, and that is great considering, I might have had 2 last year, both from the nativity set.

First we have the shepherd. I have been working on the back stitching and finishing up his head and face. He is still missing a hat, but I am going to that last, since it is not as complex as his face. This is a close up. As you can see, I have almost completed his face. I'm stitching as fast as I can!



I also worked on one of the wise men from the nativity. My mom started him way back when, and is not going to be able to finish him up. So I had to make a working copy of my pattern, and then try to figure out which colors she had already stitched. That took a little time, but I think I am ready to start stitching. Don't worry- I am going to finish his face first!



Next I have made progress on thankful heart. This is such a cute and easy pattern. I might keep this one and stitch it for some friends and family. I would probably do some color changes, especially if I did one for my SIL, since she is a pink girl.



I made a little progress on Children are a Gift, by LizzieKate. I focused mainly on the other LK, Love is the Greatest Gift, this week.



Lastly, I thought I was going to get started on a UFO that I have had for a long time.



I was looking at the start today, and suddenly realized that I was stitching in the wrong direction. I had turned the fabric sideways! So I decided I would frog the stitches out and start it correctly so it would fit. Well, after 30 minutes of very careful frogging with my handy dandy Stitch Blade, I got careless and sliced 3-4 threads of the fabric! Arrggghhh! Well, I guess I have to find some fabric now to start over.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely projects. I love your Children piece. Such a pity you cut into the fabric.:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitching looks wonderful! Sorry about the slip with the blade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have some great projects going. Sorry about the fabric
    Katrien - ILCS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work you've done this week.
    That is so unfortunate that you cut into the fabric. Maybe you can can it up around the slip for ornaments or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are turning out great. I like the way you have taken over stitching on the shepard. I wish I could have had a project like that with my mom. That is something to treasure. Sorry to hear about your fabric. I'm sure you'll find a good use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see the face on the shepheard ;o) Everything looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your WIPS are coming along great. I love that you have taken over the stitching on the shepard. I wish I could have done something like that with my mom. It's a treasure to have. Sorry to hear about your fabric. I know you can find a good use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got some nice projects on the go. Sorry about wrecking the fabric, that's always a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching. I love your L*K. So sorry about your fabric, that is a really cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great stitching year you're having! Eight finishes? Really, hug youself!!! :) I'm so sorry about your fabric...that's such a shame...hang in there - happier stitching is sure to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks great, Jess! You're stitching up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your WIPs are looking good.

    ReplyDelete