I am relieved that 2010 is almost over. Moving across the ocean and the continent is difficult. That was stressing for all of us. Then my dad passed away in September. Two life changing events within a couple of months has left me a little off-balance. It seems to be taking a lot longer than usual to get settled here in DC. So I started off my stitching year well, and it kind of fizzled at the end.
I didn't get very far on my goals for 2010 list. I completed 2 out of 11. Oh well.
Even though I only finished a couple of my goals, I did get 26 pieces completed. Here is the list. Sorry I don't have a summary post with pictures of each piece.
- 1. American Flag by Pine Mountain- Jan 12
- 2. Land That I Love by LizzieKate- Jan 14
- 3. Home of the Brave by R&R Reproductions- Jan 22
- 4. Cat-o-Lantern by Bent Creek- Jan 29
- 5. Starry Night by Heart in Hand- Feb 7
- 6. Snowman Stocking by Thistle Threads- Feb 18
- 7. A Year with Charm: March by LizzieKate- Feb 20
- 8. Cabin in the Snow, by Hob Nobb Designs- Mar 11
- 9. Work Pray Trust, by LizzieKate- Mar 13
- 10. This House Believes in Santa, by Homespun Elegance- Mar 20
- 11. Bitty Baskets ABC Sampler, by Samplers and Such- Mar 21, 25
- 12. Thanks Be To God, by Sisters and Best Friends- Mar 24
- 13. Welcome Mini-block, by Hinzeit- Apr 1
- 14. Children are People, by LizzieKate- May 6
- 15. Spring Sampler, by LizzieKate- May 11
- 16. A Year with Charm: February, by LizzieKate- May 11
- 17. Family by LizzieKate- May 23
- 18. Sweet Cabin, by Glory Bee- May 27
- 19. A Year with Charm: January- Jun 4
- 20. A Year with Charm: April, by LizzieKate- Jun 4
- 21. Liberty, by Heart in Hand- Jun 4
- 22. Autumn ABC's by LizzieKate- Jun 8
- 23. A Year with Charm: June, by Lizzie Kate- June 16
- 24. A Year with Charm: May, by LizzieKate- June 19
- 25. Thank Heaven for Little Boys by LK- Sept ?
- 26. Pumpkin Harvest by the trilogy- Sept ?
Here is what the Nativity looks like now.
I participated in the TUSAL for a while this year. I haven't posted a picture in quite a while, but I have been keeping all of my ORTs and thread snippets. Here is the grand total for 2010.
For 2011, my goal is to get back into the stitching habit. I am planning to work on my left-over WIPs to try to get most of them finished up. I have to work on the nativity set to try to get it finished before my kids get married! I think I am going to have lots of small quick things to work on too, since I still feel like I can't focus on a big complex project. So those are my goals for 2011.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May God bless you in many new ways for 2011.