I had a little bit of time to work on Patriotic Santa on Thursday. Last week, I accidentally cut a strand of blue on the right side of his scarf. I ended up having to pull out 2 1/2 rows of stitches before I was able to save the strand.
On Thursday I started stitching the blue again. I only had 2 more strands of the perl cotton because I bought this pattern fully kitted, and they supplied all the floss and fabric. One of the strands was not enough to finish the scarf. If you look closely, you can see the third row is only half complete. And I needed more blue for the flag. So I stitched what I could of the flag and now I am out of blue perl cotton.
It is really annoying to have to buy an entire skein of perl cotton just to get 20 inches of fiber. I will probably have to order it too, since there is not a local shop here, and my only choice is Hobby Lobby. Arrgh!